At Pat Deegan, PhD & Associates, LLC (“PDA”), your privacy is very important to us. These are the principles that guide our use of your personal information:
- We only ask you for information that we truly need.
- We never sell your information.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to provide you with the services of this website, to comply with the law, or to protect our rights.
- We don’t store your personal information unless required for billing purposes, the ongoing operation of Recovery Library, to comply with the law or to protect our rights.
What We Collect
When you purchase a membership to Recovery Library we ask for information such as your email address, billing address, phone number and credit card information. Credit card information is only used in processing your transaction. We make use of a third party payment processing merchant to process your payments. We do not store your credit card information on our website or elsewhere.
User behavior information
PDA collects information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as browser type, operating system information, mobile device information, referring site (including the search queries that brought you to Recovery Library), and how users are using the Recovery Library (pages accessed, time of visit). Our purpose in collecting this information is to better understand how visitors and members use the website so that we can improve our website to make it more valuable and useful – for example to understand what topics are most popular. We also use this data to generate anonymized statistics reports for organizations who are trying to encourage use of Recovery Library so that they can measure how effective their use of Recovery Library is.
Feedback and customer support
We encourage you to provide feedback on Recovery Library and the website to help us improve the member experience, and if you choose to submit feedback we will collect your comments submitted through the website or by mail or other methods. We may also retain records of any customer support services we provide to you.
What we do with the information we collect
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To authenticate access to certain features of the Recovery Library website.
- To send you updates about new additions to the Recovery Library. You may opt out of receiving such notifications.
- To process payments.
- To analyze the performance of the Recovery Library website.
- To fix errors and analyze trends so we can improve the Recovery Library website.
- To study how users interact with the Recovery Library website.
- To provide customer support and feedback when you initiate a request for it.
- To market our products and services to you. We may occasionally send you emails to tell you about new features, solicit feedback or just to keep you up to date with what is going on. If you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, you may unsubscribe using the link provided in all of our communications.
How we protect the information we collect
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We have security measures, including administrative, physical and electronic measures, to protect against the loss, exposure, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. These measures include SSL data encryption to transmit your personal information as well as technical architectures and systems to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing your personal information.
What happens if these terms change?